View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #15
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i have a related problem - I want to make a duplicate of my existing library and use it to test some batch processes, but I can't get it to work.

i tried the obvious - make a calibre library 2 folder & copy everything into it, then point calibre at that new folder - but it says no books!. so then I tried "save to disc" to save all books from original library into new folder - still get no books when I tell calibre to use that new folder as a library.

so what the proper way to do this - I assume there is one ?

as for why - well I set up the original library to store separate covers. when I send books to kindle 3 the covers don't show up, so I figure I have to re-convert every book from mobi to mobi but with save separate covers turned off in preferences. I wanted to run this on a duplicate library in case anything went horribly wrong. so now I'm having to run it on original library & hope for the best. did I miss a better solution ?