View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #40
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I'm not bothered by DRM on e-books; it works seamlessly for me, the reader. Almost everything I buy I am likely to read only once. If I lost my whole collection, and wanted to reread a handful off titles, well, so be it: the cost would be nominal in the grand scheme of things. And, for those feeling the need, stripping DRM in most formats is pretty simple if you want to make a DRM-free personal backup.
You assume that you will be able to buy a book later. This has not been true for paper books (the net based second hand market made it nearly true). I often by a book and read it years later. With DRM I cannot be sure to be able to read it years later.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote