View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
To be fair to B&N, Amazon hasn't put an SD card in any recent Kindle, including both Paperwhites either. Quite frankly, B&N's target market is not the ebook collector who buys hundreds (thousands) of ebook, like me. Am I disappointed in the new reader? Yes. Will I buy the new one? Absolutely not. Complaining about it here isn't going to make a difference, but sending a letter (via snail mail) to the CEO might, especially if several hundred people did.
Amazon also doesn't partition their internal space into "reserved for Amazon" and "available to you" sections. The 2GB (minus overhead for the system, leaving about 1.25GB) of space on a KPW is available for anything to use, vs. the Barnes & Noble approach where out of the ~3GB available for content, 2.5GB of those are reserved purely for B&N content.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote