View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 07:24 PM   #1
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
Kobo books and DRM

I bought a book on Kobo website - 120mb in size (academic textbook). I downloaded and imported into Adobe Digital Editions - opens fine. However I mainly use Calibre and use epubsoft to strip the DRM so that I can import the book to calibre and read it there, as I know how to highlight, bookmark, etc.
My latest book - the 12omb looked to have been drm-stripped ok, but when I try to view it in calibre it says it is still DRM'd.
Has Kobo got a new DRM format that my old stripper can't use? Or is the size of the file too biig for it to be completely stripped?
Any suggestions for getting rid of DRM for large books?
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote