View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #17
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
...Daisy's various crank interests....
Daisy seemed like a holdover from the 1960s, which, of course, she never saw. I mention it to demonstrate how modern the character seems. Her household at times seemed like a hippie commune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I wrote about the similarities to Keeping Up Appearances in my Goodreads review of Queen Lucia from January....
Which proves once again that great minds think alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
The difference is that in many ways Emmeline Lucas is Queen Lucia, whereas Hyacinth Bucket just wants to be and usually fails.
True. Their similarity ends in the way people reacted to their claims. Even the parson would hide from Hyacinth!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote