View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #71
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
OSX and Python 2.7 Spawning of Subprocesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
To help future people... despite the OSX commandline stuff all working fine, this plugin wouldn't correctly run the commands. I'd get errors when I clicked on the button to create the columns.
@scruffy:

The Python 2.7 'subprocess' module that LC uses to submit calibredb via spawning OS subprocesses has many issues with OSX (and Linux) that are not fixed until Python 3.4. There are workarounds in Python 2.7, but Apple hardware is required to test those workarounds. I have only Windows.

If you have any issues whatsoever running calibredb in LC, you should simply create the custom columns manually.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote