View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #6
SHunter101
Connoisseur
SHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kobo AuraH2O, Glo, AuraHD, JBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysKin View Post
Are you really really sure it won't "wrap around" as soon as it exceeds the 32 GB limit, causing corruption?

I'm asking because the addressing of SDHC really is 32 GB. A 64 GB card has to be SDXC, and I wouldn't suspect Aura HD of having SDXC controller.

I have no idea what happens if you have a partition larger than physically addressable space, but it might look like it works at first when it really isn't.
I hope not! Currently, the 64gig card for my AuraHD has 40,239,398,912 bytes (around 4000 ebooks ) used according to Windows properties. I do have a backup in case the card becomes corrupt. So far no issues at all, lots of space, speed is great. The only issue, and it is really not an issue, is after the boot cycle, you may see on occasion a panel that says 'We couldn't recognize your Micro SD card. Please format it to FAT32 and try again.' Click 'Ok' and ignore the panel, all is fine. I got this error message when I had an 8gig, 16gig, 32 gig and my current 64 gig cards. It is not the card.

Best,
Shunter

Last edited by SHunter101; 04-19-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: clarity
SHunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote