View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #45
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Good point Billi - I hadn't thought of that, but you are quite right. Henry's estate is really just there (in his view) to support his lifestyle, not as something he sees as his responsibility to care for.

Yes issy, it looks as if there is something in the Evangelical Revival thing versus the bad behaviour of the Regency. And JA seems to have got it out of her system with this book - with "Emma" she has returned to a sunnier place.

I have enjoyed this revisiting of "Mansfield Park" in the company of the Literary Book Club so much. I must go back and reread the rest of Austen's books, as I haven't done so for a long time. The real problem is where to find the time!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote