View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #128
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I'm glad I have sparked some discussion on this and I'm sure that we can come up with a friendly way of inviting people to join us but pointing out what the Club is about.

With this thought, I wonder why we don't appear on the Home page, as the regular Club does. I know we aren't very large, but that is perhaps partly because we don't "advertise" ourselves. So new members may join MR who would be interested in the Literary Club, but don't realise we exist.

So maybe (as long as it doesn't create a lot of work for sun surfer) we could get ourselves up on the home page to do a launch of whatever we think our wording should be, plus the list of topics for the year, and then maybe just an announcement each month of the chosen book for that month?
We may not be large, but most months we seem to have more posts for our book discussion than the main club does. We are not, however, run by a mod, and that might be why we're not on the home page.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote