View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
What is interesting to me is how smart HTC has been playing the mobile market. At the peak of the old Windows Mobile, they had 80% of the market. Now that the market has diversified, they have as well.
Part of what made HTC so attractive on Android was their skins. They did a lot to enhance the Android experience (functional and ascetics). Also their phones are very well designed. However things have changed and many of their enhancements have made it into Android or can be replicated from widgets. Skins are becoming less of a selling point and more of a deterrent. I'll be interested to see how HTC manages this coming year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I'm eager to see what happens when nokia gets back in the game.
<snip>
Over the past 6 months, a lot of prognosticators have been strongly assuming WP7 would take all of the current and past nokia marketshare within a couple of years, as if by magic. I wouldn't doubt that if it were 2 years ago, but it's not. A lot has happened within the nokia brand and without. I wouldn't put a comeback past them, but I'm not putting money on it either.
Not sure what happen to MS and why they are floundering, maybe they are content making more money of of android than WM7.

Jest aside this is one company that has the ability to really challenge Android and Apple. But the portable computing market is still small and you cannot discount HP nor RIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
...My tilting slider (only nokia and HTC have one, to my knowledge) is now a form factor I refuse to do without...
Ha ha, I'm on the opposite of end of the spectrum, after having all my phones break due to movable parts hinges or buttons. I decided my next phone would have 0 moving parts. I finally compromised with my Galaxy Vibrant it only has two buttons (power and volume)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote