View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:20 AM   #110
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
"Loss" in this instance is an monetary term. It does not apply in this case. There cannot be any loss. She made the decision that her income from the ebook version would be zero.

Let me give an example. I decide to make ten chairs. I sell 8, one is broken in the store, and one is stolen. I have had a loss of two chairs.

Her ebooks have sold zero copies. She has earned zero pounds from them.
But she, as the creator of the book, has the right to decide in what forms it will be released - that's what "copyright" is all about: "the right to control copying". You may very well disagree with her decision not to release HP in eBook format, but you cannot deny her the right to make that decision. You have no legal or moral right to overrule her decision - as the creator of the work, it is hers and nobody else's to make.