Thread: Sage Kobo Sage opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 03:58 PM   #12
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Anyone think you'll be able to sideload MP3 files and use the built-in audiobook player? I've wanted to do that with my Kindle, but it's locked in to only Audible purchases.
I’d hope Kobo wouldn’t lock the device down there, given that overdrive uses MP3 and Kobo still has close ties to OD.

I don’t see what locking it down would serve Kobo given they’re so open with side loaded ebooks, and unlike Amazon don’t have an audiobook service (that I’m aware of) like Audible. They sell individual audiobooks. The supported formats on the Sages page are the only thing making me question it.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote