View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #39
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@church mouse: About the USB eject thing, does it happen on *every* USB eject?

(i.e., if you cold boot the device, and do a simple connect/eject session without having ever touched KU in that boot session)?

I assume you don't have anything else installed that would be messing with udev rules?

Mind posting the KFMon log *after* the next time that happens? (tap KFMon's "book", it'll flood your screen, and copy the log to .adds/kfmon/log/kfmon_dump.log).
1 I did not get the error when my Clara was connected and ejected on USB after a fresh reboot (tested several times). However, after I then ran KU, a USB connection/eject produced the error message. (It seemed to be looking to run the KU update metadata process - FYI, the laptop I connect to for testing does not have my Calibre installation to avoid any chance of a Calibre USB connection spooking it.)

2. Once KU has been run, then the error message pops up after each USB ejection.

3. I am not sure what could be impacting on udev rules. I do have my Kobo patched with some of the "standard" patch changes, but nothing that impacts on USB as far as I know. I also have Koreader installed to run via KFmon, but I have nothing set there to mess with USB.

4. I attach a txt file of tonight's data from the KFMon log, as per your request. I hope it may be of use.

Regards,
Attached Files
File Type: txt KFMON_Log.txt (11.1 KB, 301 views)
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote