Thread: Kindle vs Kobo
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #11
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven168 View Post
i choose to be lock in with kindle as kindle free dictionary are unbeatable by others.
Many people do and I understand why. Do you realise, however, that you can have your cake and eat it to. I use my Oasis as Amazon intended, downloading books directly from Amazon to it in whatever format Amazon chooses. However, I also download a copy on my computer for "transfer by USB" and import it to Calibre, removing DRM. That way I have the best of both worlds. I can enjoy Amazon's excellent infrastructure as they intend it whilst also having a DRM free backup and avoiding lock-in.

Last edited by darryl; 03-20-2018 at 11:17 PM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote