Thread: Kindle vs Kobo
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #8
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Great advice guys. I am going to keep my options open. I plan to strip the DRM from my Amazon books and load them into Calibre. It will bring my library into order. Thus if I go Kobo in the future it will not be a nightmare to change. I love the hassle free library option for Kobo. My choice has to be a larger screen. I think I need to hold a Kindle Oasis, but think the shape will not work with my hands. The cost is also a factor, I would have to be crazy in love with it to pay that price, and I know it should not come into it but aesthetically I hate it. The Kobo Aura One is fantastic, but it is too much of a handful for me, my hands are too weak. The Kobo Aura H2O is a great size, with a bigger screen and has a good price point. Never know what new Kindle is around the corner, but I think it will be best to prepare for either. I know where I would jump now if forced, but my Kindle Voyage may go on ages now, or is it playing up like this a sign of it deteriorating? she needed a 20-second boot a month ago, other than that she has not missed a beat in 3 years.
Again thank you.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote