View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
[Bug (or feature?)] Deleting Selected Text

Hi

Maybe this has always been as it is now, and I've never noticed it for some reason. The case is this:

If I select text in the code view of the editor, and then try to delete it with backspace, it is not always deleted: in one case, the text is unindented.

The behavior is as such:

Select unindented text from left to right (cursor ends after selection) press Backspace: text is deleted.
Select unindented text from right to left (cursor ends before selection), press Backspace: text is deleted.

Select _indented_ text from left to right (cursor ends after selection), press backspace: text is deleted.
Select _indented_ text from right to left (cursor ends before selection), press Backspace: text is unindented one step, and not deleted.

Is this bolded behavior as it should be, or should the text be deleted? (If I could have a choice, I'd prefer to see it deleted, as that is what I'm trying to do.)

I'm running calibre 3.14 on Windows 10, completely up to date.

edit: I just thought of something... if I would really _want_ to unindent selected text by one step, I'd press SHIFT+TAB, so I tried this. In this case however, the editor deletes the text and doesn't unindent. That doesn't feel right.

Hope to be of some help; if you need more information, please ask
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote