View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 05:18 AM   #28
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Feature requests:

Filenames with spaces cause epubcheck to complain, and they are potentially troublesome.
So an option to change all filename spaces to underscores?
Quite tedious to do by hand with a few dozen files.

"Mend XHTML Source Code" -- can this be made to convert Windows-1252/ANSI html files to UTF-8?
HTML with that encoding that displays perfectly in a browser comes though with garbage characters if imported to Sigil normally, even if it's correctly described in the header.

How about a warning if undefined classes are applied in the HTML? Often from typos or missing definitions.

Also regarding these automated fixes:

-- Trims the epub stylesheet(s) - removes any unneeded or redundant class properties from the css
I like to snoop through interesting new stylesheets, and I can then use the Sigil tool to strip them if I want to.

-- Removes all html tags that are empty or that contain just spaces
These are often in a file because a linespace was intended. So after spotting these I often use them to modify the html, e.g. convert the following tag to one with "margin-top: 2em", for example.

So my preference is these be reported, but fixing them be made optional.

Last edited by AlanHK; 10-19-2017 at 05:31 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote