View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
Douglas Rhodes
Connoisseur
Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Storm, laptop
Huckleberry Finn's Anniversary

Today marks the 124th anniversary of Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn. As a bit of a celebration I thought I'd post a link to a short story I published in the April, 2008 edition of Why Vandalism?

My first published work, this story centers around Huckleberry Finn as an old, retired Indian fighter.

I’ve always believed that Huck was ultimately a tragic figure, set apart from the society that would accept him by the truths he’d learned on the Mississippi, but still too roughly bred for the society that would agree. I envisioned a tired and beaten down man who’d long ago taken up the bottle his father had found solace in.

You can read the story online here.

Douglas Allen Rhodes

DouglasAllenRhodes.com
Douglas Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote