View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #133
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaryu View Post
i was hoping that some of the other members here might take a peek inside but I didn't want to encourage it in case it led to broken units...
I was afraid of ruin my device, but I gave it a try anyway, and found popping off the back panel really easy and did not feel it harmful. I also don't want anyone to blame me for breaking his reader, so do it your own risk :-)
Quote:
I'm aware that Mainboard version numbers are not always present. Mine was printed on the circuit board adjacent to the socket for the battery cable.
That's where I found the number mentioned above.
Quote:
The serial number was printed on an adhesive sticker (with a barcode) near the top edge of the battery bay towards the left.
There is no sticker there in mine, my barcoded number sticker is on the right side a bit lower than middle of the board.
Quote:
Could you take a look at the external case (at the bottom) and tell us where (country) it was assembled?
OK, so it does not require disassembly: my unit made in Taiwan :-)
Quote:
The date on the battery is the production date for the battery.
The battery has no date on it (but funnily it says "rechar9eable"), I found the mentioned date print on the removed back panel. (REALLY hard to spot, because of the unfortunate choice of ink colour)

Last edited by clsdclsd; 09-14-2012 at 02:21 PM.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote