View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #130
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaryu View Post
Inspection of the circuitboard on my KT reveals the following:

0. CPU: iMX508
1. The circuitboard design is similar to the older models. ie. the storage memory is soldered on to the mainboard but there's no shielding present.
2. Mainboard version is: V1.7_57, 2011-09-28
3. Serial number attached to circuit board: KG31C0601976B (This matches the serial number in the file at \.kobo\version)
4. The additional IC (compared to socketed SD boards that lack this chip) is a Freescale MC13892, an integrated power management IC.
5. The device was manufactured in China (PRC)
I gained some courage and opened my Kobo (it was pretty easy, i used only my fingernails):

0. CPU: imx507
1. there is no shielding
2. Where can I find the mainboard version? I found this number printed on it: UCT(strange font type, can be also WGT)-2 94V-0 1137 E324432
3. There is a sticker with a barcode with numbers totally different from the numbers in the file in .kobo\version (there is another one on the battery, with also different numbers)
4. A socketed micro-SD card is on the board
5. didn't find the origin

and on the inside of the plastic back (printed with black ink on the black plastic, so hard to read), there is a date:20111003

You can find my version numbers in my previous post.

Last edited by clsdclsd; 09-14-2012 at 11:54 AM.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote