View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #141
richardx
Bash script Noob
richardx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryran View Post
Richard, my first thought is that you might be running it without doing a mntroot rw first.
That was my first thought, too. So I made sure. The file system was read/writeable.

Quote:
My second thought is that DAMN people should not be running these scripts if they don't know how to debug them and fix things that they might break.
Agreed. That's why I have to appeal to your good nature. Mind you, I haven't broken anything yet...

Quote:
I had a look at the script from this thread, which is what I presume you're talking about... and I don't see anything technically wrong with the syntax.
That was my impression, but I'm no expert.

Quote:
Assuming you've got write access to the root fs, it should create a new dir on the user partition called .kindlesec (which would show up if you plugged it into windows with usb networking off) and makes backups of the four files to there
So here's the problem. There's no new .kindlesec dir. So something is wrong, but what, I'm really not sure. The file system is writeable. I'll bet on a simple error, but I'm guessing. Any ideas?