View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 02:54 AM   #4
American_Desi
Connoisseur
American_Desi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9"
Thanks for the responses.

I did put a request for #1 elsewhere and got a workaround that I'm still experimenting with.

I confirmed that #3 did work, thanks for that. I'm not sure why numbers changed previously when I did this, but now I know how to do it without screwing up the numbers.

Regarding #2, I found the search-replace dialog and also downloaded the recommended plugin but I'm not sure that either of these will let me do what I want to do... to be more specific, what I want to do is:

a) Prefix each title of a book within a given series with a specific name - in this case, the name of the comic book "The Avengers"

b) Place a serial number in 3-digit format in the title after that prefixed title but before the existing title to reflect the issue number (which is currently in the series number). Example: Avengers #001 Title reads "The Coming of the Avengers" which I want to change to "The Avengers #001: The Coming of the Avengers" in the Title. There are 402 issues in this series so an automated solution is preferable. The number could be imported from the series number or simply started from #001 and assigned one at a time to each issue in the series.

c) Change the series name to something generic like "Marvel Comics" and then change the series numbers to a generic series number based on the specific issue's publication year and month like yyyymm. The idea being to put all my Marvel Comics issues into chronological order by sorting by series after this is done.

I'm not sure if there are existing tools that will help me do that, but that's what I'm hoping to have... if there is any interest in developing it
American_Desi is offline   Reply With Quote