View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I recently finished my worst-narrated book ever, Emperior Dowager Cixi as narrated by Jolene Kim. Bad enough were the mispronunciations and the way she'd correct herself when she misspoke (and where was the producer?!), but unendurable was her habit of breaking up the text where there were no punctuation marks. So it was hour upon hour of jerky pacing with pauses where they made no sense whatsoever. I'd have abandoned it except I was listening to it for the lit club and I wasn't able to read.

There are a few scathing comments at Audible, so it's not just me. I borrowed it from OverDrive so I can't weigh in, but at least I didn't blow a credit on it.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote