View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
Even if highly optimized, there will always some power drain. As I remember you were the one complaining about the battery life. It will not improve when you add wifi.

Even if they redesign the complete GEN3 to a extremely energy efficient GEN4with wifi, the same device will last longer with the wifi switched off.

You won't get wifi for free
It will not improve but I am not sure it will get much worse especially if they solve some other power drain problems. There is a low power consumption mode for WiFi and as I understand it it only consume power at some checkpoints if you are not using it. Very few devices implements this mode but it is used in e.g. N810 and the battery last longer than the Cybook even if you are constantly connected to WiFi.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote