View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssee View Post
No alas, it simply is not there. I checked everything.
And I prefer to have my metadata at the beginning after the cover page.
Mind, the usual header is there but the rest is blank.
After the conversion, you are sending the book to your Kobo device? And the header part of the jacket page is there, but not the rest? If so, that could mean an error in the page. Kobo uses the Adobe RMSDK for epubs. It is non-forgiving of errors in the book code. If there is an error, it will probably not render the rest of the chapter. Or it might not render anything in the chapter and show a blank page.

I would suggest opening the converted book in the calibre editor and running the error check. If there is an error on the jacket page, fix it and see what happens on the device. It will probably mean there is an error in the jacket template you are using. Or it could be something in the metadata isn't being encoded properly or clashes with the rest of the jacket code.

Of course, I don't think the jacket is really needed on the Kobo devices. The firmware supports displaying the metadata separately. And you can use a metadata plugboard to populate this with extra data.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote