View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 05:41 AM   #1
Odyssee
Connoisseur
Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 11
problem with inserting metadata

Searching the forum, I couldn't find anything about my metadata problem so here goes.

I use the latest version of Calibre (3.46).
Lately I have a problem with inserting metadata in my epub's. The metadata doesn't show up when I open the epub.

This is what I do.
In the Edit Metadata window I download the metadata which then shows up in the Comments screen.
I click OK and then I click Convert Books, I click Structure Detection and tick the box "insert metadata as page at start of book".
After the conversion (to epub) the metadata doesn't show up when I open the epub in ADE or on my Kobo ereader.
When I click Edit Book I open the jacket.xhtml file and all the metadata is there. How strange.

NB When I convert to kepub and open the epub with ADE or on my ereader all the metadata is there.

Is there something I do wrong? How can I solve this problem because I want to keep converting to epub.
Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote