View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I’d post in the ‘Kindle Format’ forum here (or maybe mod can move it there). What tools have you tried? Kindlegen? Calibre?

A ‘successful’ conversion, in my view, would be to PDF and not KF8 fixed layout (which is just a series of images and possibly panel view navigation coordinates). Kindle Textbook Creator tool can ‘kindlize’ the PDF, and lets you add embedded audio and video. And then the Kindle apps will let you search for text, knows about chapters and that sort of thing. And you can sell those in Kindle Store (if that’s the goal). I don’t think Send To Kindle accepts these — but have not tried lately. Of course Kindle apps can read PDF as well.

There should be FXL to PDF converters, as it seems it would be technically feasible and useful - but my quick search did not find any. But probably most people are using InDesign to create FXL, and it is trivial to create PDF with that.

Last edited by tomsem; 03-02-2018 at 01:17 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote