View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Normally purchasing a Kindle book from amazon.com goes - pick book, select which kindle to deliver it to, click pay, done. Order email is sent out right away. This time I tried to buy Hunger Games Trilogy since I figured all 3 books are not going to get cheaper than $9.87. I selected the Kindle, hit buy, it asked which card to use and I clicked ok. It has been long delivered, I also sent it out of my archive to my phone, but my card never got charged, nor have I received an email. The email of the free book "purchase" I did just minutes before went through with email and all. How long does it normally take for payment to go through? I thought it won't get delivered until paid for?

Did I screw something up? Am I going to get charged later?
Nah, it takes some time to settle/reconcile. Normally what happens with credit card is that approval is gotten and the transaction is done and then later -- like generally after hours (e.g. in the night) the card is charged etc.

In the holiday season this can be particularly true!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote