View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #14535
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
One I just remembered I also read when I was away on holiday, and thoroughly enjoyed: Brandon Sanderson's "Warbreaker". This is a standalone fantasy and, as with all of Sanderson's books, has an ingenious magic system and strong world-building (which people tend to either love or hate - I very much like it). Description from Wiki:

Quote:
Warbreaker tells the story of two princesses, Vivenna and Siri. Vivenna was contracted through treaty to marry the God-King of rival nation Hallendren. Instead Siri is sent to meet the treaty. Vivenna then follows to Hallendren in hopes of saving Siri from her fate. Both sisters become involved in intrigues relating to an imminent war between their home nation of Idris and Hallendren.
The book is available in full, for free, on Brandon Sanderson's web site, under a Creative Commons licence, although I bought it from Amazon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote