View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #14532
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Some of my recent reads:

"Last Seen Wearing" by Colin Dexter.

2nd book in the "Inspector Morse" series. This is arguably one of the best detective stories I've ever read, I think. The plot twists and turns, and we share Morse's frustration as one theory after another turns out to be a dead end, before the final solution is unveiled. A much darker and more complex plot than the TV adaptation.

"Off With His Head" by Ngaio Marsh

The 19th book in the "Inspector Alleyn" series. A man is decapitated during a folk dance, and Alleyn has to discover how and why. Very ingenious plot. I very much enjoyed this one.

"The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn" by Colin Dexter

3rd book in the "Inspector Morse" series. Still reading this one. A deaf man who works for a foreign examination board in Oxford is found dead from cyanide poisoning. Morse and Lewis are on the case. A complex web of jealousy and interpersonal relationships complicate the case. Not as good as "Last Seen Wearing", but still very enjoyable.

"The Curse of the Pharaohs" by Elizabeth Peters

The 2nd book in the "Amelia Peabody" series. An enjoyable romp in turn of the 20th century Egypt, with a Pharaoh's curse and a newly-discovered tomb. Extremely enjoyable, and very appropriate for reading while in Egypt, as I did .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote