Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #24
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaringNovelist View Post
[...]I do disagree with Hemingway (as quoted up above) for most people, at least those with less experience, if you don't know where you're going, your destination is likely to be so mundane that your audience will see it coming long before you do.
Funny how different people see it different ways. I tend to agree with the Hemingway quote. For me writing from no outline was surprising, what characters would actually end up doing in a given context was not obvious to me from the outside. Whereas most ideas I've had when trying to outline tend to look trite and predictable when I look at them later.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote