View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #184
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I noticed in the tweaks something called *enable shelves but be careful as it might corrupt your databas* Has anyone enabled it with no probs?
Until today I had no problems. But then I had to do a factory reset because of some Kobo epub problem (epubs updated and could not be opened anymore).

After I thought I didn't need to enable the shelves again because I hadn't used them much, anyway. But they were still in the library menue and when I clicked on it, there was a shelve with two books in it (I didn't put them there).

I tried to delete that shelf which resulted in my Kobo freezing. I could do a reset but after that the touch screen didn't respond anymore, and neither did the home button or power button.

After resetting several times with no change I had to force a factory reset by holding the home button and pressing the reset button in the back (didn't know it worked that way, but hoped it would).

I think I'll rather not enable the shelves again. Don't really care for another factory reset. Took me some hours to resolve the matter and get my Kobo working again.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote