View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #110
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
The current code first selects information from the database, based on tags.
The sql statement is something like: SELECT name, size, author, etc WHERE tag LIKE %book%. So the tags are not extracted, but used to select a subset of the documents.
ok, I understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Why would you want such complex selections of tags? I was thinking of adding '(A&B)|(C&D)' and '(A|B)&(C|D)' where D can be unused. The 4 functions would then be enough.
I will have an extra look at your proposal, but my gtk programming skills are limited...
I will experiment a little more with this interface to see if it is usefull for me. The biggest problem then is adding tags to documents. The current interface only support modifying one document at a time. Maybe I need to create something like the Delete functionality for Properties/Tags?
An alternative is to make a tool for the DR with export functionality that allows extraction of all current tags into a file that can be modified on a PC. The import functionality of the tool would update all tags from the file in the DR.
It was an idea, I didn't think too deeply in the matter.

Anyway, do you know glade [1]? is a GUI builder for gtk+/GNOME.
It comes with any gtk+-based linux distributions, and there are also packages for win32.
You can use glade to build GUI drafts/prototypes or even final UIs (as it generates .xml files that can be downloaded at runtime) [2].

Iņigo

[1] http://glade.gnome.org/

[2] glade can generate UI definitions in 2 different (XML based) formats:
- .glade: the old one. Needs libglade library for runtime loading of UIs.
It's obsolete in current GNOME desktops
- .ui: the new format. It requires gtk.Builder (since gtk+ v2.12, but improved in next versions)
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/u...tkBuilder.html

I guess DR comes with gtk+ v2.12 so you could use gtk.Builder API and so not to depend on libglade dependancy.

Last edited by Iņigo; 03-15-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote