View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 08:49 AM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's pretty easy to not edit as you go on a text editor with no icons and no highlighting.

Also switch off Autocorrect and Autoformat on EVERYTHING. Though auto-suggestion is OK for texting on a phone, but not for writing on a phone or tablet. Any amount of writing on a phone or tablet needs a USB keyboard unless you have one of the rare BT wireless keyboards with decent key action and that doesn't miss the first few characters due to sleeping.

I'm considering disabling smart quotes as they can be wrong. I can type “ and ” using altGr v and b, also ‘ and ’ is Shift AltGr V and B.

The only thing I need special character input for are prime and double prime (hours, minutes, feet and inches). I could remap « and » as I don't write in French or other languages that use those as outer quotes. I even have Greek via Compose G <letter> or Compose g <letter>

I also find USA physical keyboards that have one key less very annoying, which is almost all of them. I don't mind if the extra key isn't left of Z as long as it's somewhere. Some have an extra key between ] and Enter.

I do only use ¬ (logical not) as temporary replacement on a global search and replace that's going to swap some character. The ` under it on non-US layout should be a dead key to do à ò etc, it's not a single quote.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-14-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote