View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Haqqax
Haqqax began at the beginning.

Device: DR800S
After using the device for a few days, my biggest disappointments are:

1) Lack of djvu support (I expected that 3rd party plugins will be available)
2) PDFs going into landscape mode do not have "fit width" view - the text is even smaller than in normal portrait view. I do not see an option anywhere to enable fit-width zoom.
3) Nowhere do I see instructions on how to add new fonts in the device - chinese epubs do not work, and I do not plan to embed huge fonts in every document.
4) No margins crop in PDFs?
5) Changing memory extension card requires a screwdriver

The device does not look solid. Sometimes it is not too responsive to the flipbar nor to the stylus.
I use the leather etui, which makes access to the flipbar unconvenient. It does not have enything like the magnetic clip in bebook, so I still need to wrap the book in the plastic bag to protect the screen from accidental damage in the bag.

In short, I am rather disappointed in the device. It has its advantages (SDK availability - once it gets out, bigger screen, more robust PDF viewer, better rendering of epub), but the disadvantages (djvu + fonts) together with price twice of the alternative device - I would probably not buy it again (this opinion may still change)
Haqqax is offline   Reply With Quote