View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #149
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I had read most of the listed works aside from the poems, but almost none until I went to university, or even later. The only books from that selection I read in high school were To Kill a Mockingbird, Oedipus, and Macbeth, and I was older than 15 at the time.

I had the pleasure of re-reading Oedipus when I was in graduate school. The understanding and appreciation I acquired dwarfed what I'd grasped as a teenager. In high school, our teacher insisted we approach the work as a series of literary devices: this is foreshadowing, that is dramatic irony. In retrospect, it was a very sterile method.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote