View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #614
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
until there is a direct from Calibre to Marvin feature
It's already there in Marvin, version 1.2, currently being approved by Apple. It should appear in the App Store any day now.

Quote:
I get it, you don't like iTunes. Other people do. Let them do their thing.
Absolutely! If people prefer to do things in old, inefficient, time-consuming ways, it's their holy right.

However, we should be careful about making statements in public forums like these that are not true. I don't think other users would appreciate being misled.

So let us state it again clearly: it's not necessary to "save books to disk" in Calibre in order to load EPUB books from Calibre in Marvin.

Quote:
The Dropbox advice is great for people who want to use Dropbox, same for SugarSync. I don't want to use those options.
Well, refusing to use cloud software with your iPad means you're punishing yourself, like I mentioned. It's likely you will be working more slowly, less efficiently with your iPad. But, by all means, if that is your preference, so be it.

Quote:
I don't want to pay for additional storage and risk losing things because I forget to pay every year.
I am a free user of both Dropbox and SugarSync. I have about 8 GB in Dropbox, and 5 GB in SugarSync. I also have 50 more free GB in Box.net. There are additional free cloud services, too.

Quote:
For anyone who is using Calibre for the first time and moving things to MArvin:

Here are the steps I took: [...]
Fine instructions... but they only apply for someone who absolutely insists on using iTunes to move books to Marvin.

A nice, comprehensive tutorial for moving books from Calibre to Marvin would be to list all the various options that are available, iTunes being only one of those options (the slowest and worst option, in my estimation). Perhaps someone will compose such a tutorial for Calibre<->Marvin transfers soon. I've just listed some of the available transfer options in another post.