Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #1157
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
A radical solution (as suggested by DuckieTigger some time ago via PM [no, I didn't forget it... thanks for the idea!]) is to delete the /etc/uks/pubprodkey*.pem files. At least in theory, this should prevent the Kindle from installing updates signed with Amazon's official key - much like it prevents the installation of custom packages when the pubdevkey01.pem is absent.

I'm not 100% sure though, so I'll give this a shot when I get home and let you know.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote