View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Umm...What's Splatterpunk??
It was originally a term originally coined to describe extreme horror stories, but has broadened out a bit to cover more visceral story-telling. You could perhaps call it throught-provoking horror that holds no punches. One of the best short stories I have ever read was a in a book of splatterpunk tales. Of course, some of it is awful (yes Mr Carlton Mellik III, I'm looking at you). Authors such as Clive Barker, Poppy Z. Brite, Jack Ketchum, Joe R. Lansdale, Richard Laymon, Richard Matheson, and many others have been considered to have produced works in this sub-genre. I've even had a go myself....
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote