View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm old enough to remember the huge billboard on Route 17 just as you crossed the state line from North Carolina to South Carolina that read, "Welcome to South Carolina: Home of the Ku Klux Klan." That sign was there for years and years. I live in an area where few white people my age don't know of family members or relatives who were members of the Klan. A cousin told me he'd seen my grandfather's robe in his closet. On any given day, I can drive around local neighborhoods and count more Confederate flags than U.S. flags. I realize the phrase is only meant to conjure playful images of magic and make-believe and I appreciate that. I can only describe what my life-experience has taught me to associate with the phrase, and it's anything but playful.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote