View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorschach1234 View Post
It's working now, news that calibre has downloaded according to a schedule I set up is sent automatically and deleted from calibre, all per my wishes. The only difference now is that there are no wires! Purrrr-fect!

My girlfriend and I thank you very much for this wonderful program - now we'll be able to read ebooks with even less hassle than we currently do!

Cheers,
Alan
Excellent. Glad you got it sorted.

I thought that you might have used the content server port because from your description the app clearly connected, but then just as clearly did nothing. The reason that nothing happened is that the app is passive, driven by calibre, while the content server is also passive, driven by the client. Both ends were waiting for the other end to do something that never happened. This will be common enough where we need to find a way in the app to detect connections to a passive somethings that don't speak the protocol. This needs some thought ...
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote