View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFeatherWeb View Post
I need to keep up with you guys for sure,,, I am glad I found you, I am a publisher and I am taking on a HUGE project of textbooks (400+ pages, Indexing, glossery and toc and HEAVY images) This is a print text book that I need to convert to IPAD and in the future ADD video to it. We know how to convert plain text books for KINDLE and NOOK, etc but this is our first IPAD Publishing assignment. Files are coming to us IN PDF and resident files. What are your suggestions? BLESS you in advance for any help you can send
If you HAVE to have PDF, then be prepared to A/B compare your converted output to the source PDF. That means every letter, every punctuation mark, every line, every paragraph, every image, every style, everything. And if there's a header/footer running throughout, you may possibly have to remove them by hand. It's not an easy task and to do it right is not going to be easy. This is why it would be good to find out what format the file is in that was used to create the PDF. You could end up saving yourself a boatload of hassle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote