View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardito View Post
I did some research before buying mine but unfortunately I always stay on the bigger sites (CNET, Gizmodo, engadget) and in retrospective their reviews seem as they didn't actually do much with it except evaluated on looks and superficial tasks.

One of the things I would've liked to know is that you can't put sideloaded books on your home screen.

I know a lot of things might come in the future or can be fixed by rooting, but this shouldn't be taken into consideration in the present time. Sometimes I wait for future updates on devices that never come. Such is the curse of the early adopter.
out of the big three you mentioned I like Cnet the best, David Carnoy is an actual reader and he gives his reviews based on everything that includes the reading aspect.

Engadget and Gizmodo, especially Gizmodo tend to reviews these not as readers but as "Is this the next great tablet, what can it do? Can it run apps? can it wash my car? etc.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote