View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #18
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by reech View Post
Smart, this works very well for me. However, there's still no damnable 'putting your series in the right order' feature in the Kindle! At least with 3G I can always look up
There is, too. At least, if I'm right in what you mean.

Newer versions of Calibre have a feature called Plugboard. It allows for some use of variables based on column values in how the metadata of a book is written when the book is sent to the device.

Check out this link for some useful examples of Plugboard expressions: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=series+order.

The one I'm using is the "General Metadata" one in the first post. It makes the title metadata of the book lead with an initialization of the series title, the number of the book in the series in brackets, a dash, and then the name of the book (the author's name trailing on the right). I'll give you example of how it works. If you had these columns in Calibre:

title author series (book number in brackets)

Storm Front - Jim Butcher - Dresden Files [01]
Fool Moon - Jim Butcher - Dresden Files [02]

What would be output (this is what you'd see while reading on your Kindle):

DF [01] - Storm Front ---- Jim Butcher
DF [02] - Fool Moon ---- Jim Butcher

I definitely recommend checking it out. It's awesome and really, really helpful. Just remember to have leading 0's in the book numbers if you're going to have more than 9 book in a series. Otherwise you'll get this:

Series [1] - title ----author
Series [10] - title -----author
Series [11] - title -----author
Series [2] - title ------author
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote