View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #41
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In some cases, not readable. They use different font sizes and sometimes when they make sizes smaller, they make them too small so when you are set for the size that's most of the book, there are some parts that are too small. Also, in some cases, they use a graphic image instead of a table or proper embedded fonts with that font. So the text in the graphics is too small and not readable.

If pBooks were made with same shoddy formatting, lots of people would not be happy. Would you like pBooks with fonts that are too light and thus hard to see? Left/right margins that are huge? Large paragraph spaces? Left justified? different fonts sizes were some are too small? a table or a different font as graphics that are too small to read? No indents and large paragraph spaces? Indents of 5% of the page? These sorts of things are actually more common than you think with eBooks.
Now you have me curious, what type of books do you read?
As per too small a font in pbooks, I have found plenty of those. I read left justified. Most pbooks are left justified. They sure aren't right or centered.
100 characters per line. 5 space indent. Sounds about right on pbooks. As to the graphics, seen impossible graphics in pbooks too. Fonts too small, yes my classic paperbacks that were put out in 1967.

Now as to strange books, I read one (BPH) that had larger print. Each chapter was less than 2 pages. Then there was a photograph on the next page, then a blank page.

2 cookbooks I own are about an inch thick and have 20 pages. They are printed on cardboard.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote