View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 02:30 PM   #18
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yeah, Cthulhu, I'd love to be able to get rid of my paper books also. But I don't even dream about it anymore. So many advances would be required, and the time to scan my books would be prohibitive even if there were no copyright issues involved. As wonderful as the Sony might seem to us now, it's still not completely on par with all aspects of paper. It's just the first one that seems like it can legitimately boast itself as a reasonable alternatives with some good advantages. Unfortunately, I don't see being able to dump my paper books in my lifetime. Maybe a large portion of new books can be electronic, but that library of existing books is not likely to go electronic.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote