Thread: PRS-500 Firmware update
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #15
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
fizzywater,

thanks for the files you sent via email. i installed them but the prs-500 updater program still would not recognize that it is connected. so the update button is greyed out.

and as it turns out, the latest sony reader desktop app does not work with the prs-500. however, on the sony site, version 3.3 is still offered up as compatible with the prs-500. and i found out that this version comes with the drivers for the prs-500. it even offered to download the latest firmware that can be done via software, which i took up. but the prs-500 updater it offered would still not recognize that the device is connected, so the update button is greyed out.

the updater is PRS-500 Updater 1.0.03.07170.exe. looking at the device info, i'm currently on version 1.0.02.01300. so the problem of refusing to update to an earlier version is ruled out. any idea why it won't update? i've done a hard reset as well and nothing helped.

another funny thing is that though the v3.3 software recognizes the reader, i can't authorize the reader when visiting the "eBook Store", like it says i should be able to. it doesn't show up when i go to manage my devices. also, i'm unable to move files from the memory stick to the reader's built in storage (this may be that it hasn't been authorized, but i'm not sure).

Last edited by rem736; 05-04-2013 at 02:54 AM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote