Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #30
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
True. Of the whole list I think maybe 2 or 3 at the most are true "Romance"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'd say that's pushing it.

...if folks weren't willing to try an actual Romance, maybe something outside there regular comfort zone then why vote for it, makes no sense. You can only broaden your horizons if there's something there for you to broaden them on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
...I see the club as a great way to try different genre's that I might not normally try. I'd think others would feel the same way, that's why it's too bad that almost nothing that made the poll really fits the category very well. That's not to say the nominated books aren't good books.
I've always liked the Romance category because it leads to an interesting and varied selection that may include different types of books but has a connecting link of romance.

I'd say this month's nominations are a success. I think, looking at their descriptions, that eight of the ten nominees have strong romantic elements in them.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote