View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic View Post
What I hope someone can answer me from using the device for a while now is how well it performs with play store apps in terms of compatibility and performance. I don't expect the device to rule the gaming category but what about common social/productivity apps such as facebook, twitter, RSS readers or even dropbox?
Works fine. Facebook & Twitter (as well as Google+) ship with the Arc. Dropbox works great (most apps that allow for pinning to Tapestries or sharing with social networks will also have Dropbox show up on the list).

Only had 2 apps I've tried fail so far (Adobe Flash (had to be sideloaded from GoodEReader) and Toki Tori (puzzle platformer, gained from the Humble Indie Bundle - but broken for everyon)), neither of which were from Play.

Really, the only problem is that the Arc is considered to be an unofficial build of Android, so some apps will refuse to let you download them from Play (such as TuneIn Radio, which I consider essential. Fortunately, GoodEReader's got it at their app store - don't even need to download their market app to install, either, just go with your browser).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote