View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Thanks for the advice on the screen protector. Actually, I purchased a scrn protector for my 6" Kindle keyboard - but never put it on for that very reason! So, I'll scratch that off my list.

I wish that I could get a warranty, but I'm mostly out of the USA. I'll just be super careful. I tend to be extremely careful with devices, (knock-knock-knock for luck) haven't had any brake yet. I still have my 7" Asus Eee PC that works that I purchased years ago and carried all over the US and Europe as my go-to netbook for years.
The SGP5 will actually have the same screen resolution, but on a smaller screen and be very portable, so I hope that it will be easy enough to read/use.

I won't stress out at that price point. I paid $350 for the Eee PC and $375 for the Kindle DXG 3G (which I still use daily and love the huge screen for fast reading).

7" form factor for a tablet just doesn't work for me. Too large to carry around on a daily basis, and too small to compete with my home alternatives for reading/movie/WWW. I do not travel as frequently now so don't need it for trips. The large battery and small form of the SGP5 should work out perfectly for the occasional long international flight.

Perhaps a 9" or 10" someday to replace the home DXG when it gets tired?
One thing I notice about the SGP5 is that battery gauge once it hits 30% it can stay at that for days. I use GSAM Battery app to tell how much juice is left. It works fairly well.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote